- The website, online course and study material can be accessed at www.moneyjam.co.za the “Website”) and is owned and operated by Money Jam Online (Pty) Ltd, registered in terms of the Company Laws of South Africa. (“MoneyJam”, “we”, “us” and “our”).
- These Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern the registration, and the use of the Website and supporting services.
- These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against every person that accesses or uses this Website (“you”, “your” or “user”), including without limitation each user who registers as contemplated below (“registered user/user”). By using the Website and by clicking on the “Register Now” button on the Website, as may be applicable, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Website, and after registration as a user, enables you to use the chosen Module of the MoneyJam online course and associated materials/products (“the Course”).
- MoneyJam permits the use of this Website subject to the Terms and Conditions. By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Detailed description of goods and/or services MoneyJam Online (Pty)Ltd is a business in the education/training industry that provides online financial educational content.
2. Delivery policy
Subject to receipt of payment, registration will be processed within 8 hours and registration as well as user login details will be confirmed by email.
As soon as a you have registered and attended to payment for the Course the registration cannot be canceled, and you will not be allowed a refund for any fees paid. However, if you registered on the Website prior to 1 February 2018 you have the right to cancel such registration by giving MoneyJam 10 business days written notice prior to 1 February 2018.
4. Registration and use of the website
- To register as a user, you must follow the registration process on the Website which will include a provision to make payment of the prescribed fees to MoneyJam.
- You agree and warrant that your username and password shall be used for personal use only and not be disclosed by you to any third party.
- You agree to notify MoneyJam immediately upon becoming aware of or reasonably suspecting any unauthorised access to or use of your username and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
- By using the Website and the Course you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may use the Website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree that you will not in any way use any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website. In addition, you agree that you will not in any way use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein.
- MoneyJam will make Mentors available to the user to assist in the Course which Mentors can be contacted by via the Discussion Forum which will be accessible once the user is registered. The Mentor shall reply to a user’s query within a reasonable time after it is posted on the Discussion Forum.
- You agree that you aware of the process and method of the course and specifically that one Chapter (referred to as a “GIG” in the Course) must be done at a time and only once a specific study Chapter has been successfully completed the following Chapter will be unlocked. Successful completion of a Chapter includes a Quiz and a Practical Assignment that must be completed. If you do not understand the content of this clause please contact a representative of MoneyJam to explain it to you prior to accepting the Terms and Conditions.
- We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology. Payment for registration of the Course can be made via the registration processes portal.
- Payment options accepted. Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, or by bank transfer into MoneyJam Online (Pty)Ltd bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
- Card acquiring and security. Card transactions will be acquired for MoneyJam Online (Pty)Ltd via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African. Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
- Customer details separate from card details. Customer details will be stored by MoneyJam Online (Pty)Ltd separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
- Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency. The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
- Responsibility. MoneyJam Online (Pty)Ltd takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website,customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
- MoneyJam will upon successful completion of The Course, at no charge to the user, give the user a share voucher to the value of R500.00 issued by a Authorised Financial Institution of MoneyJam’s choice, and to be used by the user at the direction of the relevant Financial Institution and subject to their terms and conditions.
7. Electronic Material
- A portion of the Course consist of electronic material capable of being opened and read on your PC or Mac computer using Adobe Digital Editions software (“Adobe Reader”). You will not be able to read the electronic material on devices that do not support either of the Adobe Reader, therefore check your device prior to purchasing the Course.
- When registering with MoneyJam you will have online access to the electronic material and the right to download such material, if MoneyJam accepts your registration, delivery will take place electronically via the internet.
- All material, whether electronic or otherwise, are the exclusive property of MoneyJam and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. The download of electronic material is intended for your personal and non-commercial use. Any other use of electronic material purchased from us is strictly prohibited.
- You may not modify, transmit, publish, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the content of the Course, in whole or in part, and more specifically, you will not print, copy, or ‘lend’ material to any other person. You may also not do anything which otherwise contravenes any licence conditions imposed by MoneyJam. These aforementioned prohibitions are hereinafter referred to as “Illegal Activities”.
- By Registering with MoneyJam and using the study material which may include downloading material, you hereby acknowledge and agree to these Terms and Conditions. You hereby undertake that you shall not do nor try to do any of the Illegal Activities. You hereby indemnify MoneyJam from any and all loss, damage, or expense it may suffer or from claims which may be made by third parties against MoneyJam which arise from or in relation to your having participated in any Illegal Activities in relation the Course and/or its material provided by MoneyJam.
- We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
- Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to - your name and surname; email address; physical address; your gender; mobile number and Identity Number.
- We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, MoneyJam is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
- Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
- MoneyJam Online (Pty)Ltd shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569
9. Ownership and copyright
- The contents of the Website, including any material, information, data, software, icons, text, graphics, lay-outs, images, sound clips, advertisements, video clips, trade names, logos, trade-marks, designs and service marks which are displayed on or incorporated in this Website (“Website Content”) and the Course are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trade mark law. The Website Content or the Course are the property of MoneyJam, its advertisers and/or sponsors and/or is licensed to MoneyJam.
- You will not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the Website or the Course.
- Any use, distribution or reproduction of the Website Content and the Course or the Course is prohibited unless expressly authorised in terms of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise provided for in law.
- The use of the Website and the Course is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from use of the Website and the Course or reliance on any information on the Website or from the Course.
11. Availability and termination
- We will use reasonable endeavours to maintain the availability of the Website, except during scheduled maintenance periods, and are entitled to discontinue providing the Website or any part thereof with or without notice to you.
- If you fail to comply with your obligations under these Terms and Conditions, including any incident involving payment of the price of an order for the Course, this may (in our sole discretion with or without notice to you) lead to a suspension and/or termination of your access to the Website without any prejudice to any claims for damages or otherwise that we may have against you.
- These Terms and Conditions and our relationship and/or any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- You may not cede, assign or otherwise transfer your rights and obligations in terms of these Terms and Conditions to any third party.
- Any failure on the part of you or MoneyJam to enforce any right in terms hereof shall not constitute a waiver of that right.
- If any term or condition contained herein is declared invalid, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- No variation, addition, deletion, or agreed cancellation of the Terms and Conditions will be of any force or effect unless in writing and accepted by or on behalf of the parties hereto.
- No indulgence, extension of time, relaxation or latitude which any party (the “grantor”) may show grant or allow to the other (the “grantee”) shall constitute a waiver by the grantor of any of the grantor’s rights and the grantor shall not thereby be prejudiced or stopped from exercising any of its rights against the grantee which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
- These Terms and Conditions contain the whole agreement between you and MoneyJam and no other warranty or undertaking is valid, unless contained in this document between the parties.
- The information on the Website and in the Course is provided for general informational purposes only. No information contained on the Website and in the Course should be construed as legal and/or financial advice from Money Jam Online (Pty) Ltd, or the individual author, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal or financial counsel on any subject matter. No user of the Website and the Course content should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, the Website of the Course without seeking the appropriate legal, financial or other professional advice on the particular facts and/or subject matter and/or circumstances.
- The parties hereby consent to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate's Court in Somerset West with regard to any dispute arising from this agreement.
MoneyJam Online (Pty)Ltd may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without reasonable notice.
14. Company information
This website is run by MoneyJam (Pty)ltd (Private Company) based in South Africa trading as MoneyJam and with registration number 2017/488502/07. Directors are Zia Deyzel and Ilze Jansen van Vuuren.
15. MoneyJam Online (Pty)Ltd contact details
Company Physical Address: No 6, Pastorie Park Lourens Road Somerset West 7129
Telephone: 021-851 9443 & 044 873 0579